Rain, hail and wind are all known to be immediate causes of roof damage. Did you know that often times it takes just one storm to warrant a roofing repair or replacement? That’s why it’s so important to check the condition of your roof regularly.
If you wonder what recommended steps homeowners should take when dealing with storm damage, we’re here to help you. As a local expert at roof repairs and replacement, we operate with 100% customer satisfaction in mind and are here to answer any question you may have.
Dealing with Storm Damage:
- Look for missing shingles. – Start looking for the storm damage from the ground. If you notice any missing shingles, pieces of metal fascia or any other metal pieces displaced around your chimney, it’s time to call a roofer.
- Inspect your attic. – Are there any leaks or water damage upstairs? Look for any water stains on your ceiling, since those usually warrant a roof repair.
- Assess structural damage. – Consider hiring a general contractor or a trusted roofing company with a general contractor’s license if your home suffered structural damage from a hail storm or a fallen tree.
- Contact your Homeowner Insurance Company. – Homeowners insurance typically helps cover the storm damage including water and ice damage, lightning strikes, power surges, wind, hail, and fallen trees.
- Stay safe. – No matter what, avoid going up on the roof to check for damage yourself. Please contact a professional roofer instead!
Got any storm damage?
Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation with a professional from Brandywine Exteriors. We are your expert roofing contractor serving Wilmington, Newark, Hockessin, Middletown, West Chester, Media, and Elkton and many surrounding areas.
DE: 302-746-7134 | PA: 610-388-3300 | MD: 410-528-5930