Winter is coming! Do you know how to weatherproof your home? Taking the time to perform a few easy steps can significantly lower your energy bills and protect you from unwanted repairs in the winter season.
Not sure where to start to weatherproof your home for winter? Here are 5 steps to make sure your house is ready to tackle the colder months.
Get Your Home Weatherproof Before Winter:
- Check Your Gutters – Get rid of any leaves and debris before colder months roll in, so they won’t create any ice dams on your roof.
- Inspect Your Fireplace – An annual inspection is a must! Things like debris, soot or even animal nests can build up in the chimney making it hazardous.
- Caulk Drafty Spaces – If you have gaps in siding, windows or doors, fill them with caulk. Use water resistant caulk on the outside of buildings.
- Have Your Roof Professionally Inspected – Winter can be harsh on your roof, so make sure it’s in a top-notch shape before the colder temperature and snow, ice and wind come. If your roof is leaking, missing shingles, or has damaged shingles, make an appointment with roofing repair specialists to diagnose the problem, fix any damaged areas, and get your roof back to functioning properly!
- Invest in Energy-Efficient Windows and Doors. Don’t sacrifice quality for affordability as it will pay off in the long run! Energy-efficient windows and doors will surely help reduce your power bills!
If you’re interested in more energy-efficient solutions to winterize your home, schedule a free estimate and consultation with our Brandywine Exteriors contractors! They will guide you through specific products we install in Delaware, Northeast Maryland, New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania.
We operate with 100% customer satisfaction in mind, and we will always do whatever we can to take care of you!
Get a FREE, no-obligation estimate today!
DE: 302-746-7134 | PA: 610-388-3300 | MD: 410-528-5930