Colder months are coming! Did you winterize your home yet? Doing so will not only ensure significant energy savings but also protect you from unwanted repairs this winter season.
Not sure where to start? Here’s 5 steps to make sure your house is ready to tackle the colder months.
5 Steps to Winterize Your Home
- Clean Your Gutters – It’s important to get rid of any leaves and debris in the fall, so they won’t create any ice dams on your roof when winter rolls in.
- Insulate Your Attic – Don’t let the heat escape through the attic as it rises! Use fiberglass insulation for maximum heat retention.
- Caulk Drafty Spaces – If you have gaps in siding, windows or doors, fill them with caulk. Use water resistant caulk on the outside of buildings.
- Consider Installing Storm Windows and Doors – Guaranteed way to prevent cold air from entering your home or heat from escaping it. These products will also help reduce your power bills!
- Hire Contractors that Guarantee Energy Savings. Don’t sacrifice quality for affordability as it will pay off in the long run!
If you’re interested in more energy-efficient solutions to winterize your home, schedule a free estimate and consultation with our Brandywine Exteriors contractors! They will guide you through specific products we install in Delaware, Northeast Maryland, New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania.
We operate with 100% customer satisfaction in mind, and we will always do whatever we can to take care of you!
Our Happy Dollar Guarantee
DE: 302-746-7134 | PA: 610-388-3300 | MD: 410-528-5930